Emily Wickham began her writing and speaking journey in 2005. She writes for Lifeway Christian Resources and enjoys serving the Lord as an author, speaker, and podcaster. She teaches via Indestructible Life, a podcast that helps women discover the life Jesus is and treasure the life God's Word gives. Emily also shares brief messages about the return of Christ on her YouTube channel. Please connect with Emily by subscribing below to her blog, Heart Stirrings.
Joy, 2022 Review, Recommended Blogs, & More
How are things going? Are you already busy, stressed, and exhausted from Christmas doings?
Goodness, I have to admit that after Thanksgiving, I felt overwhelmed thinking about the approaching slew of Christmas activities. I wasn’t looking forward to them. In fact, I was ready for all things Christmas to end before they began.
If the saying, “Bah, humbug,” just flit across your mind, please allow me to add more to the story 🙂.
Last Friday, I asked my sister to pray I could “prepare for Christmas in good time,” thinking specifically of shopping, wrapping gifts, baking, and cooking. Her prayers must be extra powerful because ever since then, I’ve accomplished so much and feel delight in the doings. God is so good.
But, oh yeah! I’m here to share the last ministry update of 2022. Let me begin…
The Glory of Jesus: Joy
“And when they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy” (Matthew 2:10, NASB).
The star’s appearance over the house brought the magi joy. But why?
Because JESUS was inside.
These travelers weren’t looking for the next best hotel, the most fabulous eatery, or a spa to remove their aches and pains. They searched for JESUS, King of the Jews.
And they found Him.
Our Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, was in a house, and its only notable feature hung in the sky above: a magnificent star. Yet this luminary pointed to an even more brilliant light: JESUS, the light of the world.
As we travel to and fro this Christmas season, let’s seek JESUS’ presence. He is our source of joy and the One who lights our way.
A Year in Review
Remembrance is a biblical principle, and reviewing 2022 has encouraged me. Please join me in praising the Lord for:
- God’s gift of an outline for my Acts Bible study + increased clarity on this project
- Four Journey devotions (Jan. & Feb. 2022) + seven more, scheduled to publish in summer 2023
- Two teaching videos about devotional writing
- Favorable responses from an editor and an agent regarding my Acts Bible study
- Book proposal progress
- An invitation from Lifeway Women to join the writing team for Grateful: Giving Thanks to God in All Things + completion of contracted material (!!!!!!!!!!)
- One Homelife article, “Open Your Eyes” (July 2022)
- Free Resources added to my website
- A growing YouTube ministry
- The Indestructible Life Podcast
- And I almost forgot! Praise the Lord for a bold step at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, where I dressed up as Wonder Woman for genre night! God gave me courage even for something like this.
To God be all the glory.
Another Addition to My Website
After sensing the Holy Spirit’s leading in response to a repeated idea, I added a Donate page to my website. An explanation plus further info. is available HERE, and it’s my hope you will cover this addition in prayer. Thank you so much for your interest, support, and prayers for PHtW through the years. What a true blessing. It’s my joy to serve.
Blogs You Might Like
As you consider 2023, you might want to check out several blogs I subscribe to. Each of these writers offers spiritually nourishing content, and I’m pleased to share their sites with you:
- Andy Lee: Living Abundantly by the Life in the Word – my favorite aspect of Andy’s ministry is that she gets you into God’s Word. Her posts are beautifully written, and her monthly Bible reading plans are inspirational.
- Around the Cross-Dubya – J.D. Wininger expertly weaves stories from his ranch into lessons for our lives. I greatly enjoy the nature imagery combined with spiritual truth.
- Dressing in God’s Love Blog – Dr. Katherine Hutchinson-Hayes invites various writers to contribute, and the brief but insightful posts often speak exactly what I need.
- Mary’s Musings – I love Mary’s devotions. They touch my heart and often make me laugh.
Lord willing, the next episode will air on Tuesday, Dec. 13, and I hope you’ll join me in taking a look at…
Well, I’ll have to surprise you 🙂 . The Holy Spirit already has pinpointed a Bible person to study, but just in case He changes direction at the last minute, I’m going to hold you in suspense. Seriously, though, please tune in to episode 4 of the Indestructible Life. It’s not the same without you. And, I’ll be taking a break later this month, so this will be the last episode of 2022.
Until Next Time
Christmas joy to each of you! It’s been a delight to connect throughout 2022, and I pray the Lord’s blessings upon you in days to come. Thank you for journeying with me. May the joy of Christ’s presence fill your home this season and always.
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” (2 Peter 3:18).
In Christ’s Love,Please join Emily Wickham in praising the Lord for 2022 ministry joys and check out her list of recommended blogs. #amwriting #ministryupdate Click To Tweet