JESUS’ POWER, COFFEE GIVEAWAY, YOUTUBE, + 7 VERSES TO EMPOWER YOU
“I think we’re writing for the future.” ~Marlene Houk
This thought arrested my attention the moment I heard it. And my writing friend’s perspective stays with me still. Perhaps she intended it differently, but it caused me to ponder whether the words I write now will impact those left behind when the rapture occurs. (And by the way, what is the rapture anyway? Please see my previous post, When Jesus Returns).
Obviously, this has gotten me thinking. While the Lord has clarified my speaking venue over the last month, which I’ll share about below, my writing focus needs sharpening. Perhaps God wants to use what I write today to impact women tomorrow in a specific way. Because after the rapture, people will be clamoring to make sense out of the mess left behind. They’ll need to know about JESUS, the Savior of the world, who can provide the peace they crave. Maybe—just maybe—there’s something I need to write with this focus.
With that snapshot of my present thoughts, I’d love to fill you in on God’s workings over the last month…
*Let’s stay in touch! Please SUBSCRIBE HERE to receive future posts in your inbox.*
THE GLORY OF JESUS: POWER
“And on the basis of faith in His name, it is the name of Jesus which has strengthened this man whom you see and know; and the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect health in the presence of you all” (Acts 3:16, NASB).
Did you catch that? There is power in the name of JESUS! The disciples repeatedly witnessed this reality as they interacted with people. God enabled them to heal others … in the name of JESUS. His name is unlike any other, and power accompanies its utterance.
Are you anxious and afraid? Speak the name of JESUS. Are you unsure or unable? Speak the name of JESUS. Whatever situation we face, the mighty name of JESUS will issue power over it. We can’t claim strength on our own, but the Bible teaches, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
Let’s speak JESUS’ name with reverence and confidence today. He is able to calm every storm, win every battle, and wipe every tear. May the sound of His name upon our lips bring peace to our hearts and joy to His.
TESTIMONIALS: HELP NEEDED + GIVEAWAY!
Enter your name to win a $5 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card… Here’s how:
- Write a two-three sentence testimonial for display on my website. Just click HERE to contact me with your answer to the following question: What is the #1 spiritual benefit you receive from this ministry, Proclaiming Him to Women?
2. Share this blog post on your choice of social media and let me know where you shared it.
That’s it! That’s all you need to do to enter the drawing. I plan to put all of the entry names in a basket and draw a total of three more winning names on Thursday, September 23. I hope to hear from you soon 😊. Thanks!
NOTE: Winners must have a mailing address in the USA.
SPEAKING MINISTRY: YOUTUBE GROWTH
God is doing something amazing in my YouTube ministry, and I’m praising Him for this blessing. It has been growing remarkably since I shared my video, “Darkness Is Descending BUT the Rapture Will Happen.” In particular, many more women have subscribed to my channel, a reality that delights me because reaching women for Christ remains the heartbeat of my ministry.
It has encouraged me greatly to experience growth and impact in this area. May God continue to use me to speak about the Lord’s return while also sharing the gospel. Many are interested in this topic—especially as we see the world spiraling downward at a rapid pace.
JESUS is our hope, and He is coming soon!
BI-MONTHLY BLOG POSTS: EVERY 4th TUESDAY
As previously mentioned, I plan to blog twice per month again, so please be looking for another e-mail from me on Tuesday, September 21. An excellent writer friend of mine, Andy Lee, offered a valuable blogging tip I plan to employ. I’m also considering whether to create short series of related posts or write each one as stand-alone articles. Your prayers are appreciated!
JOURNEY: A NEW POSSIBILITY
My Journey editor is changing the publication into a quarterly magazine, and I might gain the opportunity to write more often on a scheduled basis. I’d be very grateful to do this and will keep you posted as things develop.
HOMELIFE: ANOTHER ARTICLE
God be praised, I recently submitted a 1500-word article to the editor. Please join me in praying he is pleased with it and offers me a contract. Thank you!
UNTIL NEXT TIME: SEVEN VERSES TO EMPOWER YOU
It’s a joy to touch base with you month by month. Thank you for your faithful support and effective prayers. May the power of Christ in and through you supply daily inspiration as you follow Him, strengthened by His Holy Word:
- “So that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God” (1 Corinthians 2:5).
- “Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence” (2 Peter 1:3).
- “He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power” (Isaiah 40:29).
- “And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- “For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who [fn]are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1 Corinthians 1:18).
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek” (Romans 1:16).
- “Who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” (1 Peter 1:5).
In Christ’s Love,
Check out these posts for more inspiration:
Gain encouragement from one of my recent videos: