“Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2, NASB).
Fixing our eyes on Jesus… do we, really?
My spiritual journey over the last several days has led me to this moment—this space in time when I’m focusing my attention on our glorious God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- He knows no limits because He holds all authority and power. Even death couldn’t stop Him.
- He’s the “bright morning star” (Revelation 22:16), the “light of the world” (John 8:12), who shines in the darkness and gives life.
- He possesses all goodness and perfection—”He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power” (Hebrews 1:3).
- He’s “the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25) in whom we place our trust and hope. Jesus is our risen Savior and living Lord.
- He’s the love of God made manifest (Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:9), our “beloved” (Song of Songs 6:3), our “first love” (Revelation 2:4).
Whatever challenges we encounter today, let’s remember Jesus Christ sits at God’s right hand, interceding for us (Romans 8:34). He hasn’t left us as orphans, either. He asked the Father to send the Holy Spirit (John 14:16), who dwells within us, comforting, equipping, and empowering us.
Despite life’s distractions and temptations to focus elsewhere, let’s fix our eyes on JESUS. Right here. Right now. Shake off the tendency to look around in fear. Refuse any interference that shifts our gaze from Christ. Let’s fasten our attention on Him Whatever. It. Takes.
Because when we do, Jesus leads the way. Life gains clarity, purpose, and power. And we obtain peace.
In Christ’s Love,